Post #24
This morning I awoke and as soon as I could get myself moving I went to the kitchen and began making pies. I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but tonight Keith and Sara will be eating Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I spent the day in the kitchen and I was so grateful for feeling better. My eyes and nose are still running, but I am on the mend. As I was baking my pies I made a blueberry pie this year that I normally don't make. It was my father's favorite pie. I have thought of him and my mother so much lately. She always made blueberry pie for my dad and no one got a piece until my dad had had his. Thanksgiving dinner at home was quite a production. My mother always brought out her best china. The living room was turned into the dinning room and we worked getting the tables set, helping my mother with her wonderful homemade rolls, and anything else she needed. I loved Thanksgiving at home. The food always tasted better when she made it.
I also made my mothers fudge today. I have been craving it for some time now. Anyway, as I was busy baking I thought of my mother and was so grateful she taught me how to cook. I'm grateful for the wonderful things both my parents taught me and the legacy they left us. I'm thankful for being raised in a home where I knew I was loved. I miss them very much today, but so grateful for all they have given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment