Post #3
This morning I received a call from a friend who also works in the district. We were to go to a meeting today, but she was not going to be able to make it. When I asked her if she was ok, she began to cry. I was very concerned, because this was not like her. She told me about her weekend. She was getting on the freeway Saturday out by Lagoon. She had two of her grandchildren with her and she had no sooner gotten on the freeway when a car came across three lanes and struck her in the side. Her car spun across three lanes of traffic and hit the cement median. Then another car struck her and threw her back into on coming traffic - where another car hit her - A semi driver then pulled in front of her crossing the lanes so that no other cars would strike her. She said that her car was smashed on every side. The women that hit her was drunk and kept on driving. It was a miracle she and her grandchildren are alive. I was so grateful she was ok and felt such gratitude for life. So today I am grateful for life and for the life of my friends and family.
2 comments:
Hey! I know who you are talking about...certainly nothing short of a miracle. Life is a precious blessing we all take for granted far too frequently.
(Our November gratitude tradition is to hang two pieces of paper on our pantry door and each day we are to write something we're thankful for.)
We are very blessed.
Happy November!
So grateful they are ok, what an awful thing to go through, I don't understand why people get behind the wheel while drinking, I hope they are held responsible for what they did.
I love your owl background, my new things is owls, I love them just ordered the cutes cookie jar thats an owl.
Post a Comment