Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Thankful For............

Post #18
When I was a young girl in Primary I learned to crochet. You know, the easy stuff like hot pads. When I was about 25 I took a knitting class with my mother-in-law and made a sweater. I never did wear it and have no idea to this day where it ended up. Since then I have made simple things such as scarfs and hats. I enjoy working and creating with my hands.
When Jim and I learned that we were getting another grand-daughter I wanted to make something special for her. So this last June I began crocheting a baby blessing dress and blanket. With a little help I was on my way. I was really surprised at how much I was enjoying it. I hit a couple of snags, but once again with a little help from a professional I got through it. I have loved using my hands and making this special gift that I hope Megan will cherish. It's not fancy, but for a first project it didn't turn out too bad. Hopefully I'm the only one who can recognize the mistakes.
I'm thankful for my hands and the small hidden talent God has given me.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What talent! That is BEAUTIFUL. I am very, very impressed. That is even more special to have made it for a grandaughter-and it looks timeless, something she and hopefully other generations can always treasure.

Jana said...

not fair you got all the talent in the family, you did such a good job, you never cease to amaze me! Hugs!