My morning began with Jim taking me to breakfast. We ate at Janet's Sunshine Cafe in
NSL. If you have never been there you have to try it. Really good food and plenty to eat. Jim and I have not been out to breakfast together for a very long time and it was so nice. After, Jim dropped me off at work, and as I was getting out of the car he said, "let me get a picture of you in front of the school." I told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted, and so I turned around and smiled, he took my picture and off to work he went. At that point I still had not seen the marque right in front of me. (I am so unobservant sometimes) Jim asked Frank to put this on the marque. Throughout the day when parents would call in they would wish me a happy birthday, and finally I received an email from one parent who said she had seen it on the marque and hoped I had a nice day. I couldn't believe I missed it.

When I walked in the front door there were signs everywhere. Over the hill and so forth, streamers hanging above my desk, balloons, dead flowers, a walker, and presents all over my desk. Jim gave me the most beautiful flowers. They were supposed to look dead, but it was beautiful. Black lilies and I loved it. He also gave me another bunch that were all my favorite flowers. He is so sweet!!



About 10:00 I went into the restroom and upon returning to my desk the hall was full of our schools children. They began singing me Happy Birthday. It was so cute. What an awesome sight. I love the children and faculty at our school. They are the BEST!! After they got through singing I heard a commotion coming from up the hall to find this:

Frank, our custodian pushing a wheel chair and Jeri, (she was our asst. principal last year) coming down the hall yelling my name.

She welcomed me to the over the hill club and presented me with a couple packages of depends.
Frank wheeled me down the hall and bought me a diet coke from the faculty room and then wheel me back to my desk.
During lunch the faculty brought pot luck and roasted me with lots of things you use when you grow old. Becky Johnson wrote a poem in my behalf and then she and Julie Allred sang the 50's song to me. It was so fun. They went out of there way to make this a fun day and it couldn't have been better!!

This evening we went to dinner with Keith, Sara, Kate and Megan. We had a great dinner and then spent some time back at our house. Keith and Sara gave me my new double stroller (what I call my suburban) on Sunday. I had a great time taking Kate and Megan on a long walk home. It's going to come in very handy. Thanks kids!! I love you!!


Jim renewed my gym membership so it's back to exercising tomorrow. Jana, sent me a very fun package full of presents and 50's things. Thanks Sis, you are always so good to me. I love you!!
I received so many phone calls today and sweet wishes from so many people. How could I not have a happy birthday. I had been dreading turning 50 and today was awesome. I guess there really isn't anything you can do about getting older so just sit back and enjoy it. Thank you everyone!! I love you all!!
5 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday a day late. Sorry I missed it! You look FABULOUS for being 50.
What a wonderful birthday you had!!! I agree with Tiffany... you do look fabulous for 50!!
You are so loved, what a fun place to work at, so glad you had a great day and your husband is very clever!!
Ah...looks like you had a super fun day filled with lots of love! Xoxoxo
I am so glad you had a wonderful time. You still look young and beautiful. Love you!
Post a Comment