Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Fall Things!!

I Love the Fall!!!! It's by far my most favorite time of year. I think I come by it naturally. My birthday is in the fall, (although I have stopped having birthdays) the colors of the fall are breath taking, the weather is not too hot and not too cold, the apples are ripe on the trees and the smell of Cinnamon and spices are brewing on the stoves. Fall makes me fill content, and peaceful. I love going on bike rides, and drives through the canyons.

I also love General Confernece. Before the conference our stake had a dinner for the sisters. It was a little different this year. There were six different tables with food that had been prepared by sisters throughout the stake. They were all made from food storage. Now, you might be thinking YUK! No, it was really very good. It gave a great example of ways to use your food storage. It made me rethink the things that I have been stocking up on. Sister Webb, from our ward talked about storing foods that you normally eat instead of lots of things you don't know what to do with. For once I came aways excited in stead of discouraged to work on my food storage.


The Women's general Conference address was so uplifting. As I watched our beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, I smiled and my heart grew a new deeper love for that man. He was so cute and showed his humor and most of all, love for the sisters of the church. The meeting made me feel good about who I am. It gave me strength to be better and to find ways that I might lift another. I look forward to next week.


Well, I could go on and on, but here are a few more of my favorite things about the fall.

General Conference



This hand soap smell delicious!! It's pumpkin spice


Halloween will always be one of my favorite. I love seeing the children dress up. I love decorating, though no one really ever see it.


Colors changing in the fall.

One of my favorite bath soaps.


I just tried this and it's wonderful!! It's Lindt chocolate with mint.




I miss my dad's apples. They tasted best covered in Carmel



I love making (and eating) pumpkin pie!!



Jim and I, love our hot chocolate at nights. We go through a lot of cocoa.

I love soft blankets!
These are the BEST slippers! If you have never tried Ugs, you have to get a pair. My sister gave me a pair about 6 years ago and I have worn them into the ground. The insides are all gone now and I need to break down and get a new pair. They last for ever and oh how they keep your feet warm.

4 comments:

pirate ride said...

Love fall too....its totally my favorite!!

Lesley said...

Speaking of favorites... the party has been moved to the 28th. Hope that will be a good night for you.

Lesley said...

That is October 28... Happy birthday tomorrow!!

Jana said...

I love my Ugg's they are the best!! Can't wait till it feels like fall here.