Sunday, September 12, 2010

Every year Jim and I take a trip on opening day to the Utah State Fair. This year we took Kate with us. She loved riding the ponies and seeing all the animals. We had to buy some Kettle corn it's my favorite and Kate liked it as well. We passed by a booth selling all kinds of cheep toys and they had two small doll strollers set up. Kate immediately began pushing them around and wanted nothing to do with anything else. So, of course we had to buy one. She was so funny. She would not let us hold her. She had to push her stroller everywhere we went.


She pushed the doll stroller and followed behind grandpa who was pushing her stroller.


She is so independent she didn't want us to hold her. She wanted to stand on the step and hold on to the rail, even though she couldn't see very well.







She was excited until we started down the slide. Then she got quite. She didn't cry, but I could tell this was not her favorite.


When Keith was a little boy he had an invisible horse named "Red" (that's what everyone called him). Red would race us home from Grandma's and always win. Well, when I sat Kate down on this horse the man said "this horses name is Red." I began to laugh and the memories flooded in. Keith here is your horse.
She wouldn't smile until we put away the camera.

1 comment:

Jana said...

What good grandparents you guys are, I love the Utah Fair, she looks so cute on the horse!