Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day


I can't believe Christmas is over. It came and went in the blink of an eye. although, it was a beautiful day. We began the day at Keith and Sara's, at 8:00 in the morning. We opened gifts and then had a yummy breakfast. Kate was getting tired so we put her down for a nap and Jim and I came home. They had a busy day ahead of them.
It was fun watching Keith, Sara and Kate open their gifts. Kate, with help, would tear open the packages. She loved her little people. She oood and pointed at everything. We enjoyed being in their home.
I love the pictures they gave me of the three of them. I can't wait to find the perfect frames for them and get them hung.
I was so excited to give Jim his Christmas gift. I had Sherri Meidell, an artist who happens to live in our ward paint a water color of the home Jim grew up in. He loved it and it filled my heart with great joy watching him open it. He said, it's amazing the memories that came back to him when he saw the home.
In the early afternoon we went to the movies with Joy and Lane, a first. I was very surprised at how many people went to the movies on Christmas day. We saw "Sherlock Holmes". I liked it, but it is a very fast moving film and I would probably need to see it again. Because the theater was so full, we sat a little close too the screen. Actually, way too close to the screen. My head was pounding by the time it was over.
Jim and I spent the rest of the day relaxing around the house. I quite enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this week off.
Hope you all enjoy the coming new year!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Thank you for the treats. We went to the movies on Saturday and had an identical experience. Way to many people and we were way to close to the screen.

Jana said...

Glad you had a great Christmas, I want to see the painting, Im so glad he liked it. Kate looks adorable Im sure she was fun but she is going to be funner next year. We went and saw Sherlock Holmes the other day and it was really good, but I also need to see it again, there were a few things I missed. Hope you are enjoying your time off of work, Love ya!!

Forbes Clan of Six said...

So happy you had a wonderful Christmas. Lots of love.