Friday afternoon I went with Jim and the youth from our ward to see the Manti Miracle Pageant. It was our wards youth conference. We stayed in Ephraim at Christa Tovey's parents home. It's a beautiful home, and they were so gracious. We had an excellent dinner and then went into Manti for the pageant. There were tons of people. Almost a thousand people was in the cast. Elder L. Tom Perry gave the opening prayer. It's been almost 15 years since I've seen the pageant. It helped remind me of how much our Heavenly Father loves us. Through out time he has given us prophets to guide us and warn us. I love the Book of Mormon and know of it's truthfulness. They had someone on the top of the temple dressed as Moroni. It sent chills down me. It's quite the production. After fighting the crowds we made it back to the house and finally got to bed around 1:30 am. Saturday morning breakfast was another feast. We did a service project by pulling weeds and helping out at the Pollock's home. The youth played games and then we went down to SUU's Institute where Pres. Pollock teaches. He spoke to us and the spirit was so strong. He is a wonderful man. We had lunch out on the lawn thanks to Leger's for the yummy sandwiches. I was so grateful to have been able to go with them. We have an amazing bunch of youth and leaders.
3 comments:
It was a great youth conference! Such kind people letting us stay in their home, wonderful meals (I loved that breakfast), a great talk by Pres. Pollock. The spirit of the whole event was wonderful. You are lucky you got to sleep by 1:30 :-) I think I'm still catching up on my sleep.
How wonderful. One of these days I would love to go.
I remember the first time and only time I went was with Lynn and Alan and Sylvia, we stayed in a tent, that was big enough to fit two people but we fit four of us and it was miserable but the pageant was awesome
Post a Comment