
This morning as the rain began crashing down a small killdeer was standing in the middle of our back yard. We wondered why she wasn't running for cover so we got out our binoculars and saw that she was covering her young baby. I know this picture is not very clear because I had to blow it up to see it, but you can see two babies underneath her. My immediately thought turned to that of a mothers love. What a sacrifice this little mother bird was making to keep her little babies safe and dry. As a mother I'm grateful for the God given love and compassion He blesses us with. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my own child. Seeing this little bird being pelted by rain bore testimony that whether human or creature God blessed us with tender, loving motherly instincts. Later when a skunk chased them away that we saw there were three babies.
1 comment:
I am by no stretch of the imagination an animal lover (or liker)! But this post made me tear up. I too am grateful for the blessing we have of tender, loving, motherly instincts. ...animal or human!
Post a Comment