I work with a very special lady named Jenny Howe. She is a kind, patient and caring person. She is our school counselor. Saturday, we supported her in her first 5k function for her son Deakon. Deakon has a rare disease where he is missing chromosome 18. You need to read her blog about Deakon; go to www.deaksrunforhope.blogspot.com . Deakon is an amazing child and I love watching he and his mother interact. You can see the love Jenny has for this special child.
About 6 of us from Meadowbrook and a few family members went to support her. We had a great time. It was a beautiful day to walk/run. I believe this will be an annual afair.
This is Harrison Fluman - husband of Kathleen our SPED teacher. He came in first place. He is a running machine!
1 comment:
i've actually seen him running on the trail before
Post a Comment