

June 7th - Dolores Haacke - My Dear MotherI know she has been gone four years now, but there's not a day that goes by I don't think about her and wish I could talk with her, nor could I miss recognizing her on her birthday. My mother could be a lot of fun. When we were very little she cleaned out our grandfather's old chicken coup and fixed us up a darling little play house. A table and chairs and even pink curtains hanging in the window. I used to play in there for hours. She was always doing things like that. When we were older she took us up to Pine View Reservoir and went swimming. We had a huge inter-tube that we were all trying to climb on. Everyone got on but my mother. We were pulling her arms and trying with all our might to help her on, but she was laughing so hard she just couldn't do it. I miss her laugh. Mom was well rounded. She loved to fish, go hunting and all that rough stuff as well as the theatre, ballet and shopping. She new how to have a good time. I miss those days with my mother. Happy Birthday Mom!! I love you!!!!!
I grew up being called carol most of my child hood. We looked a lot alike when we were young. Carol is a hard worker, talented, and a very kind and loving individual. She is a great cook - I call her the gourmet chef. Carol loves the out doors. She is a hiker, golfer, swimmer and all around fun person to be around. Happy Birthday Carol - I love you!!!
1 comment:
I love and miss you so much grandma. Miss our talks and your solutions.
Post a Comment