Sunday, September 27, 2009

YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!


A few weeks ago my sister posted a recipe for "Grandma's Apple Crisp." Well, today I finally tried it. Oh my gosh, it was wonderful!! It was a little different and didn't call for the oats I usually put in mine, but I trust my sis. She is a fantastic cook! We didn't have ice cream so whip cream sufficed. You were right again Jana. Thanks for the post! Jim and I had a great treat.
Grandma's Apple Crisp
8 to 10 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 T. cinnamon
nuts (optional)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
6 T. butter
Preheat oven to 350. Fill a large glass 13x9x2 baking dish three-fourths full of sliced apples. Top with 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon, adding nuts if desired. Let stand while you mix together the flour, one cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat egg until light, and work into flour mixture until crumbly. Place crumble mixture over apples. Melt butter and pour over the top. Bake for 45 Minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, Yummy!!!

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

Looks yummy Aunt Bonnie!

Jana said...

Yup, its addicting glad you made it, I haven't yet Im waiting to get my shipment of Utah apples.