Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!















I think the wind blew all night. It's Christmas morning and all is bright. Our home is so quiet. With just the two of us Christmas morning is very different. We opened gifts and had a nice breakfast. After getting ready for the day we went to Jim's parents home to take them their gifts.










Keith and Sara came over to our home about 12:30, and I couldn't wait to hold Kate. We opened gifts, and we had to take pictures of Kate wrapped in her new blanket I made her. It doesn't matter how old your children get you still want to spoil them.



We enjoyed a ham dinner, and visited a while. Since Kate has gotten her internal clock turned around, she slept the whole time they were there. She yawned and tried to open her eyes, but no go. I didn't want them to leave, but they all looked very tired.


Later in the day we had a young girl from Cleveland Ohio, over. Crystal is the daughter of one of Jim's best friends when he lived there. She joined the church a few years ago and moved out to Utah. She has no family here and we didn't want her to be alone on Christmas day. She didn't stay long, but I'm glad she came.
Joy called and invited us over for dinner with all the Beattie family. We had already eaten our fill, but we went to visit with everyone. It was fun seeing all the children running around and so excited about opening gifts. Haven insisted on having our picture taken together and then I knew why. Take a look at the top of my head. She is such a cutie. It was a wonderful day. I'm so grateful for family, and especially this year an addition to our family, Kate. It's great being grandparents.

5 comments:

heather said...

What a wonderful day...your granddaughter is adorable and I love her blanket! CONGRATS!!!!

Zack Family said...

What a fun day! It was so weird not being with family this year!

pirate ride said...

Oh much do I love tat blanket!! Way cute! Looks like a great Christmas!

Forbes Clan of Six said...

What a beautiful blanket. I love the colors. I am so glad that you are grandparents too. Give her kisses for me next time you see her.

Lesley said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Beautiful baby and blanket.