Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



I stumbled out of bead this morning not to sure I wanted to get out of bed. I put our 25 pound turkey in the oven before I made my way back to the bedroom and got ready for the big race.
It was the second annual South Davis Recreation Center's Thanksgiving Day 5K. I ran last year with Keith and Sara but with Sara ready to deliver I was on my own until Lesley Leger registered. It was a fun run. I made my goal and ran the whole way. Not very fast but I kept moving. This was Lesley's second race and she did great. Sharla and Max Fillmore and a few of their children were there running. TJ Benard from Meadowbrook was running by himself. I was so impressed with him. What a great kid.
I finished in 38.03 minutes. What a great way to start the day. I think I'll have an extra piece of pie today.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That was so fun. I'm in for next year. You did a great job, I think my time was 45:00.

Jared Westergard said...

I wish I could say I went and did a 5K. Maybe next year ha ha. Great job!

Jana said...

Well sad to say I didn't make it to my 10k turkey trot, it rained here all weekend plus I thought it sounded more fun to make rolls with Lexi. So proud of you. Why did you make 10 pies????? Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving I missed you all, did you go shopping on black friday? Kell and I went out all day fun fun fun.

pirate ride said...

WOw early day for you! Thats Awesome I don't think I could do the whole 5k great job! Hope you had a Fabulous Thanksgiving day!

Tiffany said...

OK-I'll set a goal to be in for next year with you and Lesley!
We just got home from Tithing Sett. and I thought of your evenings alone-call me one of these nights and we'll play Kings in the Corner. I love playing games!