Friday, December 31, 2010

Sleep Over at Grandma's

I have so loved my time off work this Christmas. I haven't accomplished loads, but I have enjoyed myself. The best ever is spending time with my grand-daughters. I watched the girls the other night and Kate spent the night. She sure keeps my moving. When she holds out her hand to me and says, "come on grandma", she melts my heart. She had Jim and I pushing her in her umbrella stroller around the house and then in her wagon, now that's tricky. She didn't want to get out of the wagon so we made it comfortable for her. She is sleeping in her big girls bed now so I put her in that big bed, right in the middle and gave her a big kiss good night, hoping she would be ok all night and she was. It took her a while to fall asleep, but she was as good as gold. She slept a lot better than I did. I woke about 2:00 to very loud snoring and had to sleep on the couch. Needless to say it wasn't very comfortable and I had a hard time getting back to sleep. When I finally woke to the sound of Kate it was 8:45. I couldn't believe we had all slept that late. I walked in to find Kate smiling and she immediately jump out of bed and wanted to play. She is the happiest girl. She does your heart good. After getting everyone fed and dressed we took her shopping with us for a bit.
I look forward to when both Kate and Megan will be having sleep overs with grandma.


Kate helped grandpa collect the morning paper.

This is one of her pretend sad faces.

4 comments:

Sara Hadlow said...

i love my kids but i also love that you ask to take them and are willing to keep them for so long!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I can't begin to express the joy they bring into my life. Thanks for letting me enjoy my grand-daughters.

Stecky said...

That looks like terrific fun. There is nothing as great as waking up to a smiling grandchild....if they gave you a peaceful night. What a treasure!

Jana said...

So much fun, you are a great grandma!!!