Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School


Another summer is over and it's back to school. I have registered more children this last couple of weeks than I can remember in a very long time. I believe it was 47 students from out of district alone, and more from within district boundaries. That's huge! Yes, we lost some, but our numbers are up.
The first day of school is always such anticipation. The principal and myself got to school very early to finish blowing up balloons and putting our arch out to welcome back our students and parents. It was so fun, and I didn't realize how much I had missed doing balloons.
It's always so fun to watch the children and their parents coming through the doors with excitement beaming from their faces. The PTA was ready to help and teachers dashed to make sure their classrooms were ready.

It's been a great week. We commented in the office how unusually quiet it was. Don't get me wrong I loved it, but I hope it's not the calm before the storm.

I'm happy to be back at work. I love the teachers and children and having structure in my life is always good. Not only did the children start school on the 23rd, but so did I. I'm taking an easy class this term and I'm loving it so far. Fall is just around the corner and it's my favorite time of the year.

Here's to an exciting new school year!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

hope you have a great year Sis, I really would love to do what your doing, you have a wonderful job.

Tiffany said...

How fun to have that balloon archway! Here's to another school year. Good luck.

Stecky said...

That arch was fantastic. Once more I am in awe of your talents. I am glad you are there to support me. I don't think I would be able to work there if it wasn't for you.