Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Man of Honor




Today I honor a man whose name meant everything to him; My father, Stanley Lincoln Haacke, my mother called him Abe. He always instilled in us the importance to honor our family name, to be trustworthy, and serve others. I thank my father for teaching us an honest days work. We learned how to work starting with our Saturday mornings. We never slept in, we were up at the crack of dawn with a list of chores, and not until they were done did we go out to play. And because of him we were early risers. Early each day we would here him singing "Rise and shout the cougars are out". After all these years I have really learned to appreciate being a morning person. My day goes much better when I get up early and get things done. We always had a family vacation. It wasn't always fancy with 6 girls, but it was family time and I will always treasure the camping trips, fishing trips, and the one time they took us to Disneyland.
Just a short bio on my dad. He was born Feb. 12, 1926, (Abraham Lincoln's birthday) in his home in Woods Cross, Utah. When the was ready to serve a mission the war broke out and he was in the Air Force training to become a bull turret gunner. After the war he married my mother on June 29, 1945. He worked at Hill Air Force Base, Cleaned the WX post office, and had his own Refrigeration business. He was a hard worker. After 30 years at Hill he retired and worked for the LDS Church until he was about 70. He died at home on Oct. 29th 2003, from Alzheimer's.
I Love and miss you dad.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad. He is lucky to have you as his daughter.

Thank you for the card that you sent to Caitlin. She loved it, and so did we. We miss you guys.

Stecky said...

You have a father to be proud of. What a great man. I can tell by his daughter. I am sure he is happy with what you are doing with his name. Thanks for sharing such a Wonderful person with us!

Jana said...

Love you Dad

Amber said...

Love you and miss you so much grandpa.