Friday, October 10, 2008

A Painful Semester


I will be so glad when this semester of school is over. Keith and Sara are my inspiration. Keith graduated December of 2007 and Sara in Decemver 2006.
I am taking English 1010. I am not a writer!! I am trying to enjoy the journey, but this is really stretching it. My first paper was a personal essay. I did OK - 90 out of 100. The professor marked me down on my sentence style. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We are now doing a Profile. On my first submission she really butchered me. She said it was too long and too much like a report. So I have been trying to understand what she wants and I think I am finally getting there. After re-writing the paper. Boy this is painful. Two more months. I hope I can make it.
I will tell you this, when I make it to graduation I will sure look a lot happier than the girl standing behind Keith and Sara.

7 comments:

Zack Family said...

Good luck! That last remark made me laugh so hard out loud!!!!!!

pirate ride said...

WOW! Sounds rough! Hope it get's better for you! The girl in the pic does look very unhappy!! I laughed so hard when I focused on her face!! Very funny!

Lesley said...

Way to go, you'll do it. Hopefully I'll get back to school before you're done. Hey....we could be locker partners :-)

Todd Gardner Family said...

I admire you for going to school! No worries, I was the queen on run on sentences in college in(still am)and had a hard time writing, but after a painful time as well I made it! You can do it!

Jana said...

I don't know how you do it, you are so amazing. I hope I get the guts to get back to school, Im still stalling. Way to go Hang in there.

The Peterson Press said...

Hi, Your blog made me laugh and then cry. I love it! Congrats on going back to school! Your family is so grown up, it makes me miss seeing everyone. I glad all is well! Emilie

Aimee said...

Keep up the hard work! I think it's awesome that you are working on your degree.
If you can make it through those gen eds, you should enjoy your upper division major courses a lot more!