Today is my father's 86th birthday. Mt father, Lincoln Haacke was born on Pres. Lincoln's birthday at his childhood home in Woods Cross. I have thought so much of him today. Maybe because it's Sunday, and he loved Sunday's. My father had alzheimer's and his days all became jumbled. We would find him driving to the church, almost on a daily basis, dressed in his white shirt and tie ready for sacrament meeting. Even after we took his keys away I would go to their house to see my parents, and he would be dressed ready to go to church.
As we visited for ward conference today they had a group of men that sang a special number. I could hear my father's voice singing. He had a beautiful base voice and loved music. I remember how I loved to hear he and his sister, Betty play duets on the piano. I guess that's why I love music so much. There was always music in our home, both my father and mother played the piano and loved to sing.
Love you Dad
2 comments:
Wow! What fantastic memories. I can't wait to met him in heave. Which I hope it is possible to meet neat people that we learn about. He certainly had a wonderful daughter.
That was supposed to be heaven. Cold fingers.
Post a Comment