We started by going down to the Bountiful Pond. I had bought a bag of day old bread and we fed the ducks. The girls were having fun watching the ducks fight over it. We walked out onto the frozen pond - I was a little nervous having never been out on the frozen water before and knowing of many stories of people falling through. Jim took the first step out and wouldn't you know his foot went right through. What a way to begin our night out doors. We shoe and sock - but he was a good sport and plugged forward. We had fun trying to see how deep the ice was. There were people out ice fishing, but after walking out to the little island we turned around and headed for the car.





We drove into Salt Lake and parked up from the Temple. We walked down to main street and took the train over to Gate Way where we at at the California Pizza Kitchen. It was yummy and we were all hungry that is except Kate. I don't know how that child stays alive with what she doesn't eat.



Back at the house we lit the luminary's and then proceeded to have family time and open gifts. I loved watching the girls open their presents.
We then took the train back to Temple square and by then it was getting dark and the lights we on. They were just beautiful. We walked around for a while until we were all frozen and headed back to the cars.
Kate wanted to ride back with us and when Keith put Megan into the car she began screaming. I don't think she wanted to leave. She had really enjoyed the lights. She sat in the stroller and I could hear her jabbering the whole time we walked around.
December was a busy month and I just wasn't feeling the spirit of Christmas, but as we walked around Temple square there was such a sweet spirit. By Christmas night I didn't want it to end. The music was so soothing and I sat on the couch staring at my Christmas tree lights not wanting the day to end.
4 comments:
Thank you for the wonderful day and all the gifts. Love you guys!
I loved reading about your christmas!!
What a fun day! I love your skirts, they turned out so cute, I never got my blanket made surprise surprise. I love your luminaries they look so pretty. These are times I miss living close to you and all my family.
Wow! I have missed not seeing the blogs. I love your post. It almost makes me want to have the Christmas season back! It looks so fun. Were there a lot of ducks at the pond?
Post a Comment