Wednesday evening my sister came to visit from Arizona. Her daughter Jakelle was on spring break and they needed a get away. I took off work on Thursday and Friday to spend some time with them. I love it when they come. I love having them stay with me and it's nice to catch up on our lives. Jana ended up sick on Thursday evening. I felt just terrible for her. It must have been a 24 hour bug because it left almost as quickly as it came. We made our famous "Sauerkraut and Dumplings", although it makes so much I just can't eat them like I used to. I have two more bowls in my fridge that need to be eaten before long. We went shopping in Layton and up to the Park city outlets. I haven't been up there shopping in a very long time. I didn't get anything for me, but sure had fun shopping for my grand-daughter. On our way home we were held up in traffic for over an hour coming home down parleys canyon. The car that crashed was totally demolished. The roof was completely gone along with the doors. and the car was so smashed in I hope the driver and passenger survived. We met Carol for dinner at the Gateway. I haven't seen her for a while either and we live only 15 minutes away from each other. THAT's TERRIBLE!! It was good to see and talk with her. She too is sick and I hope it passes soon for her. Hopefully I don't come down with something since things come in packages of 3. Sunday, Keith, Sara, and Kate came to dinner. Jana made her wonderful rolls and we had a nice dinner. Jana and Jakelle (ok, I did too) had so much fun watching Kate. Jana and Jakelle didn't leave until this morning.
I have spent the rest of the day working furiously on my Exam for my nutrition class. I hope I do well enough to pass.
Thank Jim for allowing me time with my sis!! You are the BEST!!
Thanks Jana and Jakelle for coming and spending your Spring break with me. I loved having you.
On Thursday after dinner, Kate enjoyed entertaining the family by reading a book with Jakelle and coping her putting her head down and laughing when she knew everyone else was enjoying it. I was laughing so hard I forgot to get it on film. So, Sunday I tried to recapture it. She just wasn't interested in performing, but I had to post it anyway. What a cutie!!
After dinner on Sunday we colored eggs!!!

Kate ended up with coloring on her hands and lips from sucking on the eggs.

Keith and Sara

Jana and Jakelle

Kate was squeezing the egg so hard her fingers went through the egg. It wasn't long before....
The egg was peeled and was all over.
Towards the end of the evening, Kate was tired and wasn't sure what she wanted, but was still in dancing form.
4 comments:
What a nice grandma to let her make such a mess with the eggs! Love your new blog layout.
Thanks - I was needing a change
Thanks Sis for letting Kell and I crash at your house, and thanks for taking time off and spending it with us. Sorry I got sick that was such a bummer, I appreciate all you do for me love you very much.
What great fun! It was so great to see you the other day thanks for stopping by! Xoxoxo love ya
Post a Comment